The La Grande Defensive Pistol Shooters (LGDPS) discipline brings together a diverse group of men and women with a common interest in firearm proficiency.
We use scenarios to simulate various Real-World defensive environments to hone our response to life-threatening situations. We hope that none of us has to use these skills, but we feel the responsibility to help our shooters survive such confrontations.
Our matches employ suitable self-defense weapons and associated equipment along with appropriate tactics to solve simulated real world scenarios. No competition-only equipment is permitted.
- Safe handling of firearms is first and foremost in all of our activities.
- Create an encouraging atmosphere for shooters to become capable and confident in self-defense use of firearms and equipment.
- Create realistic match scenarios from current events to provide realistic situations to test the participants’ their abilities. We stress self-competition rather than head-to-head competition.
- The main goal is to increase the individual’s skill and confidence.
Schedule & Location
Second Saturday, March – October
Match time: 9am – 2:30pm
Fees & Participation
Match fees: $15
Donations encouraged to fund local charities and end-of-year prize.
Youth allowed at parents’ discretion.
Pre-registration encouraged. Sign up at practiscore.com
- Eye and ear protection
- Workable handgun suitable for concealed carry
- 3 magazines and 2 magazine carriers
- Strong side holster
- 125 rounds of ammunition (.380 acp min caliber; .22 lr allowed for youth only)
- Small of back, should, or appendix holsters
- 5.7 x 28 catridges